Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week 8 iMovie

I have visited the way back machine again this week and am blogging about an assignment from week 8 of the technology class. I have posted the video on Vimeo, but am not providing a link as it does have students in it and I don't want the world to see.
I have procrastinated on this assignment because I wanted to video something important, significant and meaningful. And while those things happen around us from time to time, I guess I am coming at this from someone who doesn't record myself and everyone of my BFF's on a daily basis. I'm coming at this from a father's perspective that chronicled the important times in my children and families lives with a Sony Handycam years ago.
That is one of the realizations I have come to in viewing the younger teachers in this class come in weekly and show a video they took that day or in the last week and I'm still trying to come up with something to video.
What I did record was a movie trailer for a new feature "Dawn of the Golfer." I can say that iMovie's movie trailer option is fun and easy to use. It took no more than 20 minutes to put it together and I am pleased with my first attempt. After my wife saw the results I am sure I will be putting one of these together for her in the very near future!

1 comment:

  1. Your comments and experiences have been an invaluable part of NTTI this semester. While technology cannot replace the teacher, it can definitely enhance learning and provide new opportunities for students. See you in the forest!

    ReplyDelete